Monday, October 09, 2006



The Redsin Tower

As an attendee of the Cinema Wasteland convention over the weekend of October 6th I was able to attend an advanced screening of the Redsin Tower from Toe Tag Pictures.

Synopsis: A group of friends decide to party at the supposedly haunted Redsin Tower when the cops break up the party they were going to attend. Included in this group are the requisite stoner, jock, as well as a pretty young woman who has just broken up with her boyfriend of 6 years. Will they survive the evening, or are they all doomed?

The Good: This film was clearly made by a group of really talented people. The acting is very good for a lower budget film, especially the female lead. Camera work and lighting are very well done, which gives this film the feel of a much larger budgeted product. I can’t say enough about the special effects in this film. They are outstanding! They stay away from CGI and do practical effects, including a particular scene involving a wrist and an axe that had me squirming in my seat.

The Bad: There are really only two issues that I have with the film. First it begins very slowly. It takes an hour for the main characters to actually arrive at the tower and for the action to start. I applaud the filmmaker’s attempt at character development, but it seemed a bit much. In addition to that the story can be a bit confusing at times. I’m not quite sure if they wanted this to be a ghost film or a “slasher” film. Also with the story it isn’t really clear how or why one of the characters towards the end makes this intuitive leap and knows how to save the day. I really don’t want to go into more detail and ruin the film, so I’ll keep it vague.

The Score: 2.5 out of 4

There are a few issues with this movie, but it is worth a viewing. The guys at Toe Tag pictures are very talented, and I’m looking forward to their next project. Keep an eye out for an advanced screening near you and check it out.

Feel free to contact me at horrorfanreview@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home