Monday, January 15, 2007



Lady Vengeance (2005)

Synopsis: The movie opens with a young woman being released from a prison. Thru the use of flashbacks we discover that she was forced to confess to the murder of a young boy, a murder that she didn’t commit. We, the audience, spend the rest of the movie watching her carefully plotted revenge slowly reveal itself. The ending of this movie is very powerful and interesting.

The Good: The lead actress, Yeong-ae Lee, does an incredible job of portraying a very complex and interesting character. As the lead she is forced to carry this movie, as everything in it either happens because of or to her. The director, Chan-wook Park, does an excellent job of pacing this film. He allows the story to unravel at it’s own pace, without allowing the film to become bogged down or slow. I also really enjoyed the plot of this film. It is very different from anything that I’ve seen, and had several twists that I simply didn’t see coming.

The Bad: The English dubbing on the version of the film that I have is pretty bad. But I always watch these films in their original languages with subtitles anyway. If you like watching them dubbed you may be disappointed.

The Score: 4 out of 4

This is a really great movie that I highly recommend.

Feel free to contact me at horrorfanreview@aol.com

also check out my reviews at www.bloodtypeonline.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home